Thursday 17 May 2007

First update

Well I’m happy to say first update is a positive one.

Over the last two days I have made $165 through my new TAG style and chopping my tables to 4 maximum.


This is a copy of the notes I write to myself after every session – it gives me the opportunity to review the game whenever I want.

Yesterday 1) $30 pot- lost with top-pair vs a short stack all-in - he had 12 outs and hit - not too bad - think he's a 3:1 dog - he was getting those odds on the flop and he pushed - so not a bad play with the fold equity - however he did call 5x pre... 2) $97 pot - could not believe this one - SB completes I check - flop a gutshot to a Broadway nuts on a flushing board - we both check - and the Q hits the turn - he bets $2 into $1 - i push - expecting him to have the same hand - and I wasn’t it all-in now if he's stupid enough to have a set - no river bluffing this way if he gets lucky he gets lucky sort of thing - he calls pretty quickly with 89 for the idiot end - I win! lol-donkaments. 3) $45 pot - I have JJ in the SB - several limpers so bet pot - flop Qc, 7s,6c. I bet $4.65 into around $6.50 - he calls pretty fast, turn is an Ah - i check and he puts in a bet - I don't really think this card helped him unless he was drawing to and A-high flush - but I check to him and he bets $4 - i smooth call - other than anything there's $16 in the pot - I’m not folding esp. when I think he's still chasing- river is a J - I have him on the flush or str8 draw so check to him, he bets half pot - I call and win he shows 45o.

Today
1) $50 pot - stacked guy first hand with a set against top pair and a weak kicker – bit of a battle of the blinds, played ABC and got paid, 2) $100 pot - flopped a set of As, had played ABC pre flop, and played it ABC on the flop, opponent checks - I bet 4/5 of pot - he re-raises - I push expecting to be able to get him all-in if he’s got enough to check raise me…eventually he calls with KQ for a gutshot - guess he really didn't believe I had the ace. lol. 3) Sadly I got a bit unlucky in an $80 pot - managed to get the guy all-in on a 8AA flop when I had 88 – I had raised it pre and he called from the BB – he decided to check raise me and I pushed in response…eventually he calls with AT and hit an A on the river. Bit nasty really - about 80/20 at best for him – but fuk it, he called with AT, after I had raised pre and 3-bet the flop. I managed not to tilt and played another a $100 pot well before I quit. - 4) $100 pot - I call $1.25 from the sb with 2 limpers (this is the table I had been sucked out on a few hands earlier – so I didn’t want to have to play this hand in a big pot out of pos, they might play weirdly since I could be tilting) then it's raised to $2.5 to go by the bb. 4 to the flop - Tc,2c,Ks - I check - initial raiser makes it $5 and gets one caller - I need to know where I am so I make it $20 - initial bettor folds and the next to act pushes… I call and he showed KcJc - millions of outs - none catch an I win. TBH I put him on a drawing hand like this (having top pair surprised me) - if he had two pair or a set, why not raise the initial bettor on a board like that and the pot is already fruity- also - set of Ts was less likely coz no re-raise pre (but not out of the question)–, so it had to be a set of 2s, or KT - or QcJc etc. Glad I didn't get drawn out on here otherwise i would have been down $20+ for the session.

All-in-all I’m very happy. Two days of the new system, $165 profit (inc. two nasty (ish) pots worth over $100 together. So even though the Slansky $s aren’t matching the real profits yet, but I’m still making money. Hopefully I can keep up $50-$70 average for my 1-2 hour sessions. We’ll see thought – two sessions is hardly a sample. Lol.

3 comments:

Jambon said...

"I have JJ in the SB... flop Qc, 7s,6c... turn is an Ah.... river is a J.... have him on the flush or str8 draw so check to him, he bets half pot - I call and win"
wtf??? checkraise nigga plz

"but fuk it, he called with AT, after I had raised pre and 3-bet the flop" AT looking pretty good on an AA8 board for 80 bbs i hope u wouldnt fold to a b3b on this board for 80bbs (yeti theorem)

"I call $1.25 from the sb with 2 limpers" - i presume u had AK this hand?? "my new LAG style" lol

"$165 profit (inc. two nasty (ish) pots worth over $100 together. So even though the Slansky $s aren’t matching the real profits yet but I’m still making money" ollie u talk about sklansky dollars, but i dont think u know what they are???

congrats tho, good 2 see u putting up some winning sessions

gamblinPOWER said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
gamblinPOWER said...

Yer - keep using the LAG when i mean TAG - late night stonned posting. Slansky $s are calculated by working out what your profit from each pot should be in terms of your % chance of winning it when the money goes in - eg KK vs AA - all-in pre, $100 pot - i get lucky and suck out, $100 real $s but only $20 slansky $s. So when i got the guy all-in with the house, i was about 75% to win - so i get about $65 slansky $s there, but in the following pot, i'm only about 60% (at best) so i get $60 slansky $s there. am i not right?

yer - thinking over the Js - you're right - should have raised him there - wouldn't have made more in that hand - but could be profitable in futur. Have to confess - misread the hand at the time, thought the J completed a str8 - donkaments