Thursday 17 May 2007

The beginning and the middle...

Started playing poker 3 years ago, for a couple of years I wasn’t terrible, but I had very little experience. Last summer I worked as a poker dealer in some London card clubs, and by September I decided I wanted to dedicate some time to really learning a good game. Tried depositing $50 a time on stars for 2-3 months, playing short stacked in cash games and some low buy-in stts, fairly pointless, kept building a bit of a roll and then blowing it in a day – remember playing $2/$4nlh, two tables, with a roll of $450. By January I decided to deposit an amount that would mean enough to me that I would want to safeguard my investment, grind a roll and stop taking a shot. So I put $550 on my Stars account – as Hard2bet.

This went well for a bit; I played $50nlh full ring, made some lost some and got board. Went up to $100nl and lost most of it in a night. Deposited another $200 and lost 3 buy-ins the next night at $50nl. Despite this – I did manage to grind my roll up to about 12-13 buy-ins before a weekend of playing 11 hours a day and getting some horrible luck crashed my roll down to about $90 – at this point I sad good-bye to stars and moved to Party Poker, and changed my game to 6-max.

Party poker – profPOWER – deposited $500.
At one point my account stood at $1500 – the break even point. It stayed there for about 10 mins before starting on a $1000 downswing, that later became a $1200 downswing.

Since then I’ve been playing FT as well under the name fishPOWER – with mixed results.

Currently I’m about a total of $1200 in the red, with 278 hours of playing time to my name.

No comments: