Wednesday 23 January 2008

Few puts over the next few days

This is just going to be a quick post coz I gotta get to campus. Okies – just a few recommended bets really –
Today; Musselburgh, 2pm – Mister Jungle to win. Huntingdon, 3:10pm Le Briar Soul

Alright and to the weekend – Cheltenham.

1st race, the 1pm is really just a punt but I think you should back Hold Em, partially because of the name, partially because he’s a bit of an up and coming horse which will make it harder for the bookies to get the price right – so it may be a good value bet.

3rd race, the 2pm – I’m going to put my neck on the line here and say Butler’s Cabin. He’s got a shite-load of stamina and has had wins in the National Hunt Chase and the Irish National last season. And although the ante post odds have fallen away slightly (effectively costing me money) – I still think this horse has easily got what it takes to crush this field. But I should mention Vodka Bleu; having a great season and his recent form is pretty hot, he’s also been over the Cheltenham hurdles more times than I care to remember – so if I was taking two, I’d certainly include Vodka.

4th race. The Letheby and Christopher Chase. I believe this could be a close race between Exotic Dancer and Neptune Collonges. If I had to chose I’d take Collonges I think; he’s not the greatest horse I’ve ever seen, but his recent form is pretty good, I think he’ll be pretty much all or nothing in this race so back to win. If you want a safer bet take Dancer each way – I think that’s probably going to pay you something. Oh yer, if the odds are right, an each way punt on Simon is recommended.

Ps. bit of poker below

GL

No comments: