Monday 10 December 2007

walking in a Hatton wonderland.... well not quite...

Not much poker recently. Played a few hands on sun (literally 50 or summin) managed to win a $60 pot with a house against what I’m assuming was a flush draw. Then I lost the following pot: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1794073 – my thoughts were; AQ and AK raise me pre (okies, no stats on the vil coz he’d only just sat down) but I thought that was standard of all players – lol. My thoughts were, he’s either flopped deuces full, got lucky with A-5 or I got him crushed and he has a smaller A. Basically, I thought this was a standard call, anyone think otherwise please comment.

Saturday night (for all those out in Vegas) or 5:15am Sunday morning was the Hatton Mayweather fight. I was at a party that night so I decided to make a book. I gave 1.5 on Mayweather and 2.8 on Hatton – I also gave 20:1 for a Hatton to Knock out Mayweather in any round. So yer – fairly simple book. As I expected I ended up sweating a Hatton defeat pretty hard: my book had £50 on Mayweather and about £150 on a Hatton win with a heap of KO bets as well – so you could say it wasn’t exactly balanced! However, as much as it would have cost I still wanted Hatton to take it down.

Never been much of a boxing fan but I couldn’t believe that the hosts choose the size of the ring, the officials and the ref! So as Mayweather was American, had a big reach and was quick on his feet they opted for the largest possible size of ring, three judges from Nevada and a ref that was not only from the US but had the stars and stripes on his arm! .......fair fight eh...

Anyway – all worked out for me in the end I suppose. Off to Cheltenham for the meet this weekend – hoping to enjoy a bit of success there. On the poker front I’m trying to play a lot of the 1am $25 tourneys across Stars, FT, Crypto and 888 and may try to get back into the cash games if I don’t managed to get a job in the card rooms.

Hope you’re all enjoying X-mas – gl at the tables, ty for reading

No comments: