Sunday 23 September 2007

The week...

Okies – so the week where I was planning on making loads of money and running my roll up – well – it didn’t really happen. Played a little on Monday and Tuesday, but spent half the time trying to get PTH and PAHud working properly – and in terms of profits I broke even.
Wednesday night home game – 10/25p with straddles. I bought in for £120 but only started with £50 on the table. A couple of hours later and I was stuck £40-£50. The game was fairly fishy so I decided to play a fairly weak; trying to make hands and get paid rather than make any plays. Had to lay down a few big ish hands after getting sucked out on, or appearing to.
By 1am I had £60 on the table (the remains of the £120) and started to make a few well times plays against those who could fold. After making back a little bit of cash the home game looseness got me back in the black when I managed to get into a £100 pot 3-betting all-in on a 7, 7, 2 board with my KK and getting called by 66.

An hour later and we were down to 4 handed, tbh the game was now only slightly +ev for me – most of the producers had gone broke. However, I managed to get into a big pot with Rich: I called a small raise out of pos with 66, flop fell 3x,5s,6s – I bet just under the pot (about £2.50) mainly because I know rich will either float me or raise – he does, making it £8 – I then make it £20 – and he insta-pushes. I have him covered but the call is about £100 (400bbs). I know I have to call, however, we talk a deal with my hand exposed and his covered and decide to run it for £100 – nothing too interesting comes on the turn and river and he flashes QQ before folding. I think the deal I made here was absolutely terrible – I should have called and then decided on offers – I was worried that he’d have a straight, or a draw to the straight, flush or both and would have a chance ranging from 25% to 65%. Basically, I should have played for the whole stack. Lol donkaments on my part.

I ended up playing in the game til 8am – which became very –ev for me, i made some bad plays and bad calls and ended up a £70 winner for the night. It’s hard to cash out of a game when you are the big winner and the host though. Lol.
****

Spent the rest of the week and most of the weekend locked in a sea of debauchery but tried to play this afternoon. It was a fairly poor idea; I was certainly not playing my a-game (due to the after affects of the weekend) and due to the foooooking internet connection which chose to render me offline as soon as I got into a big hand.
read the next post for the session report - lol
gl all

No comments: